Canadian Experience Class

One of the three current federal immigration programs that are processed through the Express Entry selection system is the Canadian Experience Class. The Canadian government welcomes the desire of foreign professionals with Canadian experience to become permanent residents of Canada. Such specialists are, in fact, ideal candidates for immigration to Canada. These people have already adapted to life in Canada and have contributed to the economy and society. Such immigrants usually do not need to learn the Canadian way of life, because they already know it – beginning with the Canadian healthcare system, banking services, and even celebrating Canadian holidays.

As practice shows, the bulk of candidates for immigration via the Canadian Experience Class, apply from Canada. However, this does not mean that those who returned to their home country cannot use this program. Canada values people who comply with the law and leave Canada after their work permits expire. Thus, if you have at least one year of skilled work experience in Canada in the last three years, you have a chance to immigrate under this program.

The federal selection system automatically selects candidates who meet the eligibility requirements of the Canadian Experience Class. In addition to having one year of work experience in Canada, it is also necessary to pass a language proficiency examination at the level CLB 5 for candidates from trade occupations, and level CLB 7 for skilled workers. However, candidates still need to score a passing mark on the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System), through an assessment of factors such as education, age, work experience, and language skills. An additional feature of this program is that you don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family to meet the program requirements, which you need to meet under other federal programs such as the Federal Skilled Worker program and the Federal Skilled Trades program.

The Canadian Experience Class is usually the best immigration program for foreign students. After completing their education at a Canadian university or college, many international graduates can apply for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. If during the validity of this permit, a foreign graduate gets at least one year of skilled work experience, they can apply for Permanent Residency via the Canadian Experience Class. In addition, foreign graduates receive bonus points for studying in a Canadian designated learning institution.

If you already have a year of Canadian work experience, you can become a permanent resident of Canada in the next few months!

Contact us to find out if you can immigrate to Canada via the Canadian Experience Class program. Our experts will advise you on all issues of this immigration path.