British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
British Columbia, the westernmost province of Canada, is the center of cultural diversity and economic growth. The third largest Canadian city Vancouver is situated in this province. British Columbia is also one of the most developed provinces of Canada. The economy of British Columbia is focused on rich natural resources, with an emphasis on forestry, mining, agriculture, tourism, medicine and the high-tech sector. British Columbia with its nature, magnificent forests and unique coastal climate, is known as one of the most beautiful places in Canada and in the world.
The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is designed for potential candidates with specific skills and experience, oriented to settle in the province, Application for a British Columbia Provincial Nomination Certificate helps candidates to receive the permanent residence in Canada. The processing time for the application takes less time than other immigration programs in Canada.
BCPNP accepts applications for two main immigration programs:
- Skills Immigration (includes Express Entry British Columbia)
- Entrepreneur Immigration
These programs are subdivided into different streams. Below we will provide you with additional information about each of them to help you determine if the British Columbia’s provincial immigration program is good for you.
This stream of the BC PNP is intended for those potential immigrants who have the skills, experience and skills required for employers in the province.
BC PNP Skills Immigration consists of the following categories:
- Skilled Worker Category – this category is intended for people who have a relevant job offer for a skilled job and have sufficient experience in it.
- Health Care Professional Category – within this category, people who have the relevant experience and who have received a job offer in the fields of medicine, nursing, psychiatry or other fields of health can apply. The job offer should refer to one of the 11 listed medical occupations.
- International Graduate Category – this category includes graduates who have graduated from certain universities and colleges in Canada no earlier than three years before applying for immigration, and who have received a job offer from an employer from British Columbia.
- International Post-Graduate Category – this category includes post-graduate students from the educational institutions in British Columbia who have completed their studies in the fields of science, applied science and medical science. Within this category, you do not need to receive a job offer.
- Entry Level and Semi-Skilled Worker Category – in this stream, immigration applications can be submitted by employees of certain occupations requiring qualifications of primary and secondary level in tourism/hotel business, food industry or trucking, or persons working in occupations requiring qualifications of primary and secondary level, and residing in the northeastern region of British Columbia.
Express Entry British Columbia
Express Entry British Columbia is consistent with the Federal Express Entry selection system. This system allows suitable applicants to receive a nomination of the province (through BC PNP application) and, allows to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
The following categories can be accepted in the Express Entry system of British Columbia:
- Skilled Worker Category
- Health Care Professional Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Post-Graduate Category
Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS)
On January 27, 2016, the British Columbia government announced the new Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS) for BC PNP. This is a points-based system, which determines whether candidates can be invited to apply. The assessment is based on a number of factors, such as level of education, work experience and an invitation from an employer from British Columbia, reflecting the ability of a potential immigrant to be successful in the labour market and to contribute to the provincial economy.
Candidates who intend to live in British Columbia and invest in its economy can apply for permanent residence in Canada within the framework of the Entrepreneur Immigration program. This program is divided into two categories:
- Entrepreneur Category – this category is for senior managers and business owners who intend to invest in the business in British Columbia.
- Strategic Projects Category – in this category, companies with foreign capital can establish businesses in British Columbia, and up to five key foreign employees of such companies can be nominated for permanent residence in the province.
The Tech Pilot Under the BC PNP
In August 2017 British Columbia has successfully launched the Tech Pilot Under the BC PNP. In this stream, the government issue weekly invitations to qualified registrants with valid job offers in the key technology occupations. The BC PNP Tech Pilot is designed for specialists from a list of 32 eligible occupations important for British Columbia’s technology sector, which is a major driver of economic growth in the province, with tech employment at its highest level ever recorded. The demand for talent in BC’s tech sector is increasing faster than the supply. The BC PNP Tech Pilot has been extended until June 2019.