Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program
Prince Edward Island (PEI) province consists of the Prince Edward Island and a number of adjacent islands. It is the smallest province of Canada. Sometimes it is called the Homeland of Canada because of the conference in Charlottetown, which led to the formation of the country. Prince Edward Island is known not only for its enormous opportunities for agriculture and the beautiful coast, but it is also the site of a growing economy concentrated in agriculture, tourism and fishing.
Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) is designed for potential immigrants with the skills and experience required to contribute to the provincial economy. Prince Edward Island Provincial Nomination Certificate will allow a foreign citizen to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
PEI PNP consists of three main immigration categories:
- PEI PNP Express Entry
- Labour Impact Category
- Business Impact Category
PEI PNP Express Entry
This stream is designed for people who want to live and work in the province of Prince Edward Island. Eligible candidates can successfully immigrate to Canada in 6 months or less. PEI PNP does not guarantee that all profiles registered in the Express Entry system will be reviewed and accepted. Only applicants with professional skills that meet the needs of the province will be taken into account.
Labour Impact Category
The province accepts applications in this category from individuals who have the skills and experience that the province’s labour market needs. This category is divided into three streams:
- Skilled Worker Stream – This stream is intended for candidates who have been hired by a local employer. Eligible candidates must have a qualified occupation and have relevant experience of at least 1 year, as well as postsecondary or specialized professional education.
- Critical Worker Stream – This stream is intended for workers who have already been hired by a provincial employer and the employer provides employee support in the process of obtaining their permanent residence. Suitable applicants may have occupations that do not require professional education.
- International Graduate Stream – This stream is designed for recent graduates of certain universities and colleges in the province of Prince Edward Island, who have already been hired by the province’s employers. Suitable applicants must work in the occupation of their training.
Business Impact Category
The province accepts applications for immigration to Canada in this category from individuals who wish to invest and actively develop business in the province of Prince Edward Island. This category is divided into three streams:
- 100% Ownership Stream – This stream is intended for persons who fully own a business in the province of Prince Edward Island (either starting a new business or buying an existing business in the province).
- Partial Ownership Stream – This stream is intended for individuals who own at least 33.33% (one third) of businesses in the province of Prince Edward Island, or are willing to invest $ 1,000,000 CAD in an existing business.
- Work Permit Stream – This stream helps people who want to invest in the business of the province of Prince Edward Island: this is a work permit issued for a transitional period before receiving a provincial nomination. During their work permit, candidates are expected to start working in Canada and learn about the business in which they will invest.
If you are interested in immigrating to Prince Edward Island, contact Green Light Canada to assess your chances.