31 Oct 2018
On October 30, 2018, the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) held a new draw of candidates from the Express Entry system. IRCC issued 3900 Invitations to Apply (ITA) to the candidates whose Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score was 442 CRS or higher. This round’s lowest CRS is 2 points higher than in the previous round.
In total this year, Canada issued 74,200 ITAs via its Express Entry system. IRCC has almost reached the goal announced at the beginning of the year – to invite 74,900 immigrants in 2018. Considering that before the winter holidays there are still two months, we expect a few more draws to be held this year, which means that the government will exceed its quota. In 2019, Canada intends to invite 81400 immigrants via Express Entry.
Results of the recent Express Entry draws
- Draw #103 – Oct 30, 2018 – 442 points
- Draw #102 – Oct 15, 2018 – 440 points
- Draw #101 – Oct 3, 2018 – 445 points
- Draw #100 – Sep 24, 2018 – 284 points (this round was aimed solely on the candidates in the Federal Skilled Trades)
- Draw #99 – Sep 19, 2018 – 441 points
- Draw #98 – Sep 5, 2018 – 440 points
- Draw #97 – Aug 22, 2018 – 440 points
- Draw #96 – Aug 8, 2018 – 440 points
Express Entry is an online selection system for Canadian immigration, designed to select skilled workers for immigration to Canada. Foreign nationals can immigrate through one of the Federal programs such as the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, Canadian Experience Class, or through the Provincial Nominee Programs.
The Express Entry system selects candidates based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score for their age, education, work experience, and knowledge of the Canadian official languages.
See also: How to increase your CRS
As of October 25, 2018, there are 93,817 profiles of candidates registered in the Express Entry system.