Are you a skilled Accountant looking to apply your expertise to various exciting projects? Our Partner Company in Canada is actively seeking a dedicated and proficient Accountant to join their team and play a crucial role in delivering high-quality services.
Job Description: Our insurance company in Winnipeg, MB, is seeking an experienced Accountant to join our team. In this role, you will perform moderately complex financial accounting tasks supporting functions such as Accounts Receivable, Banking, Budgeting, and Financial Reporting.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform various accounting duties, ranging from moderately complex to complex transactions.
- Monitor all general receivable accounts, including credit granting, collection, reconciliation, reporting, and initiating appropriate responses and controls to maintain these accounts, such as initiating alternative actions.
- Create reports comparing actual to budget variances for premiums, expenses relating to normal operations, and improvement initiatives.
- Ensure reporting for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results is completed on time with all supporting documentation and necessary approvals.
- Responsible for journalizing monthly transactions, reconciling data, preparing continuity schedules, and responding to internal requests from department heads and executives.
- Support validation of the financial integrity of reporting and interfaces of the Corporation’s financial systems.
- Four years of progressive accounting experience in a computerized environment in a related area.
- Intermediate knowledge using Windows and Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook, Access, and SharePoint.
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly present information effectively to internal and external audiences and report writing skills.
- Intermediate organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in assessing financial information.
- Lastly, work independently and under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Hourly wage: Starting from $20-$26, commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time, what’s more providing stable employment and opportunities for career growth
Why this job opportunity is interesting to foreign workers:
- After 9 months of employment, the candidate is eligible for immigration through the Provincial Program (Furthermore, the company offers support with the immigration process)
- The immigration process takes approximately one year to get Permanent Resident Status.