Our partner in Canada is looking for an experienced Accounting Clerk to join their team.
A dynamic company in Chatham-Kent is seeking an Accounting Clerk to join their team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the Controller and Assistant Controller, providing support with various accounting functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and month-end district close processes.
- Manage accounts receivable processes, including cash posting, collections calls/emails, invoice generation, and customer inquiries
- Assist with accounts payable functions such as receiving and matching invoices, ensuring PO logs are complete and accurate, and processing payments
- Support the month-end district close process by entering invoices for the A/P accrual and reconciling accounts
- Reconcile inter-company transactions and maintain accurate financial records
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure compliance with regulations and deadlines
- Lastly, provide administrative support to the financial team
- 1-2 years of related accounting experience or post-secondary level studies
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent numerical and data accuracy skills
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel Skills
- Full Cycle accounting experience is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Lastly, strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with customers and colleagues
Monthly salary: Varies according to experience, from $23 an hour.
Job Type: Full-time
Why this job opportunity is interesting to foreign workers:
- After 9 months of employment, the candidate is eligible for immigration through Provincial Program (Furthermore, the company offers support with the immigration process)
- The immigration process takes approximately one year to get Permanent Resident Status.