A company in Toronto is seeking an Accounting Technician who is a dynamic multi-tasker with a positive attitude and superior customer service skills.
You will perform duties that require considerable confidentiality, initiative, tact, and independent judgment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accountant is an integral part of our Finance team.
- Utilize strong analytical skills and critical thinking.
- Assist in producing financial statements and budgets, administer capital asset records, and analyze financial results across a broad portfolio.
- Support other members within our Finance team when needed (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll) and other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Sound understanding of accounting and reporting concepts.
- Minimum 3 years experience in all aspects of accounting, including financial statements.
- Ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Business Administration Diploma or related degree.
Work Term: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary starts from $24 an hour.
Why this job opportunity is interesting to foreign workers:
- After 9 months of employment, the candidate is eligible for immigration through a Provincial Program (The company offers support with the immigration process).
- Immigration Process takes approximately one year to get Permanent Resident Status.
Accounting – Bookkeeper
A company in Surrey, BC, is looking for a bookkeeper.
Bookkeepers oversee a company’s financial data and compliance by maintaining accurate books on accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and daily financial transactions.
- Calculate and prepare cheques for payroll
- Calculate fixed assets and depreciation
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain, and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Maintain general ledgers and financial statements
- Post journal entries
- Prepare other statistical, financial, and accounting reports
- Prepare tax returns
- Prepare the trial balance of books
- Reconcile accounts
The candidate is eligible for immigration through a Provincial Program.