Our partner in Canada is looking for a skilled Concrete Finisher to join their team.
Job Summary: The Concrete Finisher is responsible for the final stages of concrete installation, ensuring a smooth and durable finish. They level, smooth, and shape freshly poured concrete using various tools and equipment. The Concrete Finisher collaborates with the construction team to complete projects on time and adheres to safety standards and regulations.
- Driving to job sites and assessing required finish work.
- Overseeing form placement for proper depth and pitch.
- Monitoring the impact of heat, wind, and cold on curing concrete to ensure quality.
- Removing edges on expansion joints and sides.
- Installing anchor bolts, steel plates, and fixtures in freshly poured concrete.
- Polishing surfaces using smoothing materials, abrasive tools, and surfacing machines.
- In addition, aligning forms for sidewalks, curbs, and gutters.
- In addition, Waterproofing, damp-proofing, and restoring concrete surfaces.
- Finishing concrete surfaces with rough or smooth patterns as per customer preferences.
- Signaling truck drivers and moving chutes for concrete pouring onto forms.
- Casting and spreading concrete to fill voids.
- Applying hardening and sealing compounds to cure concrete surfaces.
- Supervising and training co-workers in the use of special tools for concrete spreading.
- Lastly, utilizing a variety of tools and techniques to smooth and finish concrete surfaces.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in concrete finishing.
- Proficiency in form setting for at least 1 year.
- Lastly, prior experience in residential construction for a minimum of 2 years.
Monthly salary: Varies according to experience, from $30 an hour.
Job Type: Full-time
Why this job opportunity is interesting to foreign workers:
- What’s more, after 9 months of employment, the candidate is eligible for immigration through Provincial Program (Furthermore, the company offers support with the immigration process)
- The immigration process takes approximately one year to get Permanent Resident Status.