A Construction Company in Canada is looking for an experienced Construction Site Supervisor to join their team.
Job Summary: The Construction Site Supervisor oversees and manages construction projects, ensuring adherence to plans, schedules, and quality standards. They coordinate activities, allocate resources, and maintain compliance with safety regulations. Collaboration with contractors and stakeholders is essential to address any issues. Strong leadership and organizational skills are required for this role, contributing to successful project completion in a safe and productive work environment.
- Ensure Safety and Security: Take responsibility for the safety and security of assigned job sites, AmeriCorps members, partner families, and volunteers.
- Supervise and Train Volunteers: Provide adequate supervision and training to volunteers on-site, including conducting initial meetings to discuss daily plans and assignments.
- Assign Age-Appropriate Tasks: Ensure that duties assigned to volunteers are suitable for their age and skill levels.
- Rectify Substandard Work: Address and rectify any construction tasks performed below acceptable standards by volunteers.
- Monitor Job Progress: Continuously monitor the site to maintain the correct balance of materials and subcontractors.
- Timetable Management: Assist in establishing and adhering to the construction timetable.
- Coordinate with Warehouse Managers: Maintain close communication with warehouse managers to ensure all required materials are available.
- Collaborate with Construction Team: Work collaboratively with other construction team members to improve construction processes.
- Supervise Site Preparation: Assist in overseeing site preparation and layout.
- Manage AmeriCorps Team: Take on the day-to-day management of the AmeriCorps team.
- Provide Progress Reports: Generate and submit progress reports to the Director of Construction weekly or as requested.
- 5 years of construction field experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong ability to supervise all site activities effectively.
Monthly salary: Varies according to experience, from $35-$40 an hour.
Job Type: Full-time
Why this job opportunity is interesting to foreign workers:
- After 9 months of employment, the candidate is eligible for immigration through Provincial Program (The company offers support with the immigration process)
- The immigration process takes approximately one year to get Permanent Resident Status.