Nova Scotia has revealed a new three-year pilot for immigration candidates who have a job offer in one of its targeted skilled occupations.
The Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP) stated that professions targeted in the new pilot (which is entitled, the Occupation in Demand Stream) are “in high labour market demand”.
The stream is open to all eligible candidates who have a job offer in the following occupations:
- NOC 3413 — Nurses aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- NOC 7511 — Transport truck drivers
Additional requirements include:
- Have one year of work experience related to the job
- Be 21 to 55 years old
- Have a high school diploma
- have the appropriate training, skills and/or accreditation for the job
- Have a CLB level of 4 in English or French
- Provide proof of financial resources to settle in the province
Candidates who are approved through this stream will receive a provincial nomination, which allows them to apply for permanent residence
For more information on how to take advantage of Nova Scotia’s immigration streams, contact Green Light Canada.