Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program
The province of Prince Edward Island (commonly referred to as PEI) is the smallest province in Canada. it is well-known for being the “Birthplace of Confederation”, as the nation of Canada was ratified in Charlottetown, PEI. Additionally, it is known for its beautiful red sand beaches and landscape. The province is home to a growing economy that is concentrated in agriculture, tourism, and fishing.
The Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) is designed for potential immigrants with the skills and experience required to contribute to the provincial economy. The Prince Edward Island Provincial Nomination Certificate will allow a foreign citizen to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
The PEI PNP consists of three main immigration categories:
- PEI PNP Express Entry
- Labour Impact Category
- Business Impact Category
PEI PNP Express Entry
This stream is designed for people who intend to live and work in PEI. Eligible candidates can successfully immigrate to Canada in 6 months or less. The PEI PNP does not guarantee that all profiles registered in the Express Entry system will be reviewed and accepted. Only applicants with professional skills that meet the needs of the province will be taken into account.
Labour Impact Category
The province accepts applications in this category from individuals who have the skills and experience that are in demand in the province. This category is divided into three streams:
- Skilled Worker Stream – This stream is intended for candidates who have been hired by a local employer. Eligible candidates must have a qualified occupation and have relevant experience of at least 1 year, as well as post-secondary or specialized professional education.
- Critical Worker Stream – This stream is intended for workers who have already been hired by a local employer, and whose employer supports their process for obtaining permanent residence. Applicants do not require a professional education.
- International Graduate Stream – This stream is designed for recent graduates of accredited universities and colleges in PEI, who have already been hired a local employer. Suitable applicants must work in the occupation of their training.
Business Impact Category
The province accepts immigration application in this category for individuals who wish to invest and start up a business in PEI. This category is divided into three streams:
- 100% Ownership Stream – This stream is intended for individuals who fully own a business in PEI (either starting a new business or buying an existing business in the province).
- Partial Ownership Stream – This stream is intended for individuals who own at least 33.33% (one third) of a business in PEI, or are willing to invest $1,000,000 CAD in an existing business.
- Work Permit Stream –
- This stream is intended for individuals who intend to invest in a business in PEI. It is a work permit issued for a transitional period before finally receiving a provincial nomination. During the work permit, the individual is expected to be working in Canada and learning about the business they intend to invest in.
If you are interested in immigrating to Prince Edward Island, contact Green Light Canada to assess your chances.