If you are considering professional immigration to Canada, and have experience working in trades, you will have a greater chance for successful immigration if you receive a Red Seal Certificate.
The Benefits Of Red Seal Certificate For Your Immigration Process:
– Simplified application procedures for certain immigration streams
– Increase your chances of finding employment in Canada
– Flexibility in choosing your province of residence
– Standardized evaluation accepted across Canada
– Acceptance to Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Prince Edward Island immigration programs without a job offer from an employer
What Is The Red Seal Certificate?
The Government of Canada recognizes the importance of trades and the role they play in the economy, in sectors such as construction and manufacturing. According to Statistics Canada, 1 in 5 people in the workforce have a job in skilled trades.
In Canada, province and territories are responsible for the training and certification of skilled trades jobs. Across the country, businesses in many sectors such as construction, infrastructure, and manufacturing are desperately looking for skilled labour.
The Red Seal program was originally created to help skilled workers move across provinces for employment. Other years, it became a recognized standard for skilled worker certification on a national scale
Red Seal Trades
Although the overall list of professions defined as trades includes over 400 professions, only 55 of them are designated as Red Seal trades, such as:
– Industrial and construction electricians
– Industrial mechanics
– Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
– Automotive service technicians
The program sets unified standards to assess the skills of tradespeople across Canada, with each industry closely involved in developing the national standards for all 55 Red Seal trades.
Provinces and territories use the Red Seal exam for all designated Red Seal trades to provide a standardized evaluation that is accepted nationwide. The organization responsible for the Red Seal Certification is called the Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship (CCDA), where the provinces and territories participate as members.
Red Seal Certification Immigration Opportunities For Candidates As Part Of Federal Skilled Trades Programs And Provincial Nominee Programs.
What to expect at the Red Seal Examination for your trade?
There are 100 to 150 multiple choice questions on the exam, depending on the trade. The goal of the exam is to test:
– The level of your knowledge of the trade
– Your ability to use mathematical formulas to solve trade
– Your use of metric or imperial system measurements in trade
– Your problem
The duration of the exam cannot exceed 4 hours. The examination is scored by the computer, so all answers have to be marked clearly. The passing mark is 70%.
The test cannot be completed remotely. You can only take the test while you are in Canada. You are allowed to have an interpreter at the exam.
ATTENTION: Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Prince Edward Island are accepting candidates with Red Seal Certification, without a job offer from an employer.
At Green Light Canada, we offer our professional immigration consultants expertise and support in:
– Providing training for the Red Seal Certification Test
– Preparing the necessary paperwork
– Booking the test date
– Providing with Interpreter for the test
Once you pass the test and get your Red Seal Certificate, we will discuss with you the next steps in finding a job and selecting the immigration program that will allow you to settle and apply for permanent residence faster.