Home / Stay In Canada After Graduation

Stay In Canada After Graduation

Many Provincial Nomination Programs (PNPs) and other immigration programs encourage international students to stay in Canada after they complete their studies.

Green Light Canada

Get matched and discover immigration programs

You can apply in just 60 seconds – Take the free online assessment test and find out the best immigration options for you.

Canada provides many routes for international students to stay and work in Canada. Many graduates first obtain a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) before going on to apply for permanent resident status. These are some popular immigration programs for former international students in Canada:

  • Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
  • Quebec Experience Class (PEQ)
  • Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)

Provincial Nominee Programs

If you have been studying in Canada as an international student, your province may have a PNP category that makes you eligible for fast-tracked permanent residence status. In addition, some provinces allow international graduates to make an application to their PNP, even if they didn’t study in that province.

Provincial Nominee Programs with an International Graduate Category

  • Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
  • British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
  • Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
  • Newfoundland And Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP)
  • Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)
  • Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
  • Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
  • Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)

Other Programs

Contact Green Light Immigration Consultants to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) or in one of many Provincial Nominee Programs!
Green Light Canada Immigration
Notifiction bar


We can help you with the whole immigration process!