Study in Canada
Canada is proud of the abundance of colleges and universities that provide high standard study programs recognized around the world. Becoming a student in Canada is quite simple, because in most educational institutions there are no entrance examinations or formal admission procedures, especially if you have already received your education in the country of residence.
A student permit is one of the ways to get Canadian education and valuable Canadian work experience, because together with a student visa the student gets a working visa, and the opportunity to apply for permanent residence.
Obtaining a student visa gives a number of advantages to the student and his family:
- Together with the student visa, the student receives an open work permit in Canada
- After graduating and having worked out for a year, the student is eligible to apply for immigration under the Canadian Experience Class.
- Education in Canada offers a wealth of opportunities for immigration before graduation through various provincial immigration programs
- A spouse of a student receives an open work permit
- Children are entitled to study at a public school
- The whole family receives health insurance
Canada welcomes foreign students! In the last speech, the Minister of Immigration made a statement that students who received education in Canada are the most valuable candidates for immigration. The minister also said that the revenues to the country’s budget from foreign students are equal to the revenues from forest exports, and Canada is the world’s fourth exporter of timber.
However, with all the importance of foreign students to Canada, getting a student visa is not so easy.
A student visa is a temporary residence visa, and despite the fact that Canada provides a lot of opportunities for a student to stay in Canada, the decision of an immigration officer who reviews an application and makes the decision is based on the assumption that the student will return to his or her home country after graduation.
The embassy’s directives for the student visa approval process include dozens of factors – from the expediency of choosing a program, continuing with the age of the student, the ability to pay for studies, the student being registered alone or is accompanied by his family, and many others.
It is very important to consider all the factors since, with a properly prepared package of documents, the chances of success are close to 100%. For example, in some cases, based on the client’s data, it is more appropriate to enter a program that might be not the first choice for the student but will simplify the visa process, and once in Canada, to change the program to the one that will suit the best. The study visa is issued for the country and a change of program and even a college or university is completely legal.
Despite the fact that Canada is among the countries with a paid education system, and even local students pay for their studies, there is a chance to receive partial or full funding for education through scholarships.
In Canada, there are several types of scholarships:
- Government scholarships for international students, such as Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships or Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships;
- There are also provincial scholarships, for example in Ontario there are scholarships such as the Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) or Ontario Trillium Scholarship (OTS);
- Independent scholarships in Canada, such as Trudeau Foundation Awards, Mitacs Accelerate, Anne Vallee Ecological Fund;
- Scholarships from Canadian universities
The criteria for obtaining grants for each program are different and we are here to help you with obtaining full information and selecting the program you need.
Our company is pleased to offer you full support in obtaining a student visa: from choosing an educational institution and a suitable program for you before submitting your documents for permanent residence. Contact us today!
If you had already applied for a student visa and were refused, we resort to the appeal procedure using the CAIPS system, which allows you to access your file and the officer’s comments on the reason for denial, analyze the weaknesses of your application and take appropriate measures to eliminate them.